Phone (416) 332-8727 ; Add to Favorites
Home Programs Admission Financial Aid e-Learning Events & News Career Services Contact
How to Apply for Social Assistance?

1. If you are not currently receiving financial assistance, call the Ontario Works office and talk to an Intake Worker to apply for assistance. The Intake Worker will process your information by telephone and refer your file to a caseworker. The caseworker will contact you and will request information such as:

  • Date of Birth
  • Social Insurance Number
  • Health Card Number
  • Address Details
  • Bank Account Information
  • Employment History
  • Accommodation Expenses
  • Income from other sources
  • Identity of Family Members

2. Attend appointment with a caseworker to complete your application and determine your eligibility.

  • An application for assistance,
  • An ontario works participation agreement,
  • A consent to disclose and verify information, and
  • A rights and responsibilities agreement.
  • You will be required to provide proof of your rent or shelter costs, show current bank statement(s), and state earnings and assets for all family members.

3. If you are in an emergency situation, explain your crisis during your initial telephone application. Examples of emergency situations would include homelessness; health related crisis; victim of domestic violence; victim of disasters (e.g. flood, fire).

OCOT Hotline

(phone) 416-332-8727

OCOT Advantages

100 %Instructor-Led Class
State-of-the-Art Facilities
Unlimited Lab Time
Labs Open 7-days a Week
Free Repeat
Free Job Placement
Financial Aid Possible
Resume Writing
Interview Skills

© 2008 Ontario College of Technology